SMA Code of Ethics
The Southwest Movers Association Code of Ethics is the set of guiding principles that help our members achieve excellence. By strictly adhering to its principles we ensure that our members will increase their customer and employee satisfaction, in addition to building sound business practices to ensure success.
- Members shall abide by the Articles of Incorporation and the Bylaws of the association.
- Members shall develop and encourage the practice of high standards of personal and professional conduct among themselves and their employees.
- Members will observe the highest standard of honesty in all transactions, avoiding the use of false, confusing, inaccurate and misleading terms, descriptions and claims.
- Members shall provide high quality moving and warehouse services to their customers and to the community in which they live.
- Members shall promote the services of the moving industry and shall educate members and the public in the advancement, improvement and uses of the moving industry.
- Members will strive to increase the competence and prestige of the industry and its employees.
- Members will use their knowledge and skills for the advancement of human welfare, and in promoting the safety, reliability and fairness of their services.
- Members will keep informed with respect to applicable laws and regulations to observe them in the operations of their company.
- Members take pride in themselves, their employees, their association, their industry and their country, and in doing so, can provide a service of the highest standards.
- Members believe that holding ethical values will lead to success in the long term.
- Members believe that ethical conduct is a winning strategy and believe there is a consistent relationship between ethics and performance.
- Members recognize the authority of this association in all matters relating to the interpretation of this code in accordance with the statutes of the United States and the various states.