SMA 2021 Annual Conference Wrap Up
SMA’s Annual Conference, held October 13–15, at Horseshoe Bay Resort was a great success! Members were able to mix and mingle and attend educational sessions as well as celebrate SMA members for their achievements. This event was made possible thanks to our many generous sponsors. SMA appreciates your support!
- Thanks to outgoing SMA Chairwoman Francey Beall, Fantastic Moves, for her two years of service and congratulating her on her new position as SMA Foundation Chairwoman!
- Welcome Ben Breedlove, Roadrunner Moving & Storage, as the new Chairman of SMA. We look forward to a great year under your leadership.
- New leadership for SMA’s Executive Committee and the Board of Directors was sworn-in at annual conference. Click here to view the new Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Ed Marx, president of New World Van Lines, was recognized as the 2020 Heritage Award Recipient. Ed served as SMA Chairman in 2008 and is a generous sponsor of the SMA Foundation Scholarship Program.
- The Big Green Egg raffle was a huge success, raising $3,200 for the SMA Foundation! The lucky winner was Tricia Smith-Bermudez, HUB International. Thank you to Frances and Ed Marx for contributing the Big Green Egg!
- SMA honored Mr. Bill Andis for his many years of service to the SMA Foundation and SMA. At conference, it was announced that we have raised $12,390 in donations in Mr. Andis’ name. If you haven’t had a chance to donate yet, we will continue accepting donations through the end of the year. Click here to make a donation in honor of Bill Andis.
- Golfers came out ready to compete for SMA’s Annual Conference Golf Tournament. Congratulations to the winning teams!
1st place team Alex Butter with CDS Moving Equipment, Inc. and Jay Miller with Champion Risk & Insurance Services
2nd place team Paul Gregory with National Van Lines, Inc. and Sean Streckfus with Aegis Insurance Services, Inc.
3rd place team Travis Moore with Victory Packaging and Ed Marx with New World Van Lines of Texas, Inc.
Thanks to everyone who attended or contributed by making a donation in Mr. Andis’ name or purchasing raffle tickets. We look forward to seeing everyone back at Horseshoe Bay Resort in 2022!